Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend of Gratitude

To begin with, this Thanksgiving was wonderful. I couldn't have expected anything better.  I gained a little bit of weight which I vow to lose over the next week. I finished a lot of random, unnecessary extra credit homework as well as completely necessary, time-consuming homework.

I now understand why the Friday after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday! It is the dreaded day when all procrastination up to that point must be obliterated so the nerdy student may catch up with their assignments. No fun at all, in my opinion.

Saturday night my mother, brother, and I set up our lovely tiny Christmas tree.  My aunt provided us with these darling little snowmen to hang on it's branches.

 


I've found myself switching to the 106.5 fm station to listen to Christmas music nonstop and I can't stop singing Sleigh Ride to myself as my mom whispers "you wish" after every line of the song.
For example: 
Giddy-yup giddy-yup giddy-yup its grand, just holding your hand ("you wish")
Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we ("you wish")
We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be ("you wish")
("Dang Alina, you might just have to get yourself a boyfriend if you want this Christmas season to work out.")
Thanks Mom..

Until tomorrow,
Alina Lauren..

No comments: