Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In Honor of an End

My mom came into my room crying this morning.  Its over.  Today is the last day.

Last studio show.

In a lot of ways it feels like the end of my childhood.  The closing.

I guess I sort of feel like I rushed out of my childhood.  Went too fast, although I'm thankful I'm more prepared than most for the future.

She was crying.  But I didn't cry.  I'll save that for later when it's really all over.

I feel like I should have done so much more by now.  Like I've missed out on 100 different things. Maybe 1000.  And now I'm just really going to forever miss out on those things.  That's okay.  I have eternity.

So in honor of my last dance performance with my studio I am posting my first memory of performing with a studio.  I was 4 when I performed in my first show.  I was a flower in Alice in Wonderland.  My huge hat kept flopping over my face so my mom finally lined it with the wire from a hanger.  I was the cutest flower EVER.


This day is going to go by too quickly.

No comments: