Friday, July 16, 2010

Whats up?

I've heard this question a billion times in my life. Whether it was through a text, in person, or on the phone, this phrase is constantly being thrown out to people and the one talking is always expecting an answer.

The Usual: "Nothing much, you?" or "Just chillin" or during the school year "Doing homework." K seriously... what's up with that? If we were going to make an account of our lives second by second, our descendants would be very bored reading our journals..

Dear Diary,
At 11:54 AM Billy Bob texted me asking "whats up?" I replied "nothing much you?" and guess what he told me?! .. "Nothing much"

.. Taking this into account I've decided to become much more interesting when I reply to this question.. a few ideas include ->

"Not much just eating these tasty saltines topped with a really fatty cheese that will probably add to my growing body fat which I will later decide to work off so as to avoid looking obese."
"Oh you know reading a book.. Its funny, whenever I read a book I picture myself as the main character and take every other character in the book and compare them to my friends and acquaintances. Just as a funny coincidence, your character happens to be a blood thirsty, gun-obsessed girl who chases down goblins. (Or if you're a guy you may possibly be the pending boyfriend who finds enjoyment in helping me with my biology homework.)"
"Daydreaming about my future. As of this moment we're getting married after I finish four years of college and we're having 9 babies, three sets of twins in the mix. We're gonna have 7 dogs, and 4 fish. I'll be a dance teacher, and you'll be a chiropractor (because they make a heck of a lot of money) and we'll take yearly vacations to Hawaii, Canada, and North Carolina. How do you like that idea?"

.. obviously you'll completely confuse the opposite end of the conversation but at least there's some fun in it! I challenge anyone reading this to try it! .. and obviously if you ask me "whats up?" .. don't be expecting a simple answer.

'Til next time,
Alina Lauren Cooper
:)

No comments: